Blood Clinics (Phlebotomy)
We now run a drop in Phlebotomy session most weekday's from 8.30-9.30am for all routine blood tests requested by your GP or Hospital. If you require a blood test, please pop into the surgery during this time and advise the receptionist you are here for the drop in bloods clinic and they will take your details and mark you in.
Unfortunately we can not do Chronic Disease blood tests in the drop in session.
We offer our patients with high blood pressure regular health screening, and hold specialist clinics for asthma, diabetes, heart disease and COPD. We do perform minor surgery but if you need specialist advice or treatment you will be referred to hospital.
Stop Smoking Support
Available from our fully trained healthcare assistants; please contact reception for details.
Travel Advice & Vaccinations
We offer a travel service for patients planning holidays abroad. Please be aware that some travel vaccinations are not available free within the NHS and a charge will be made which a patient will need to pay prior to vaccinations being administered. More information is available on the above tab.
Family Planning/Well Woman
Family Planning is provided by all GPs during normal surgeries and we can offer a full range of contraceptives services according to your needs. In addition, our practice nursing team are able to offer well woman services, and are happy to see and advise patients on a range of healthcare matters.
There is a programme of child development checks run in conjunction with the health visitors, and you will be invited to attend the surgery when your child’s immunisations are due.
Minor injuries such as falls, nosebleeds, burns, sprains and strains, sunburn, sore eyes, splinters, cuts and scratches, stings and bites are treated at the Minor Injuries Unit at the Tyrrell Hospital, telephone 01271 863448.
Same Day Service
We now have a same day service for patients who have a minor illness or injury. When you contact the surgery the receptionist will ask you a few questions to establish whether we can help you more efficiently in the same day clinic. They will then take your contact details and the Duty Doctor or Nurse will contact you. Often advice can be given over the phone, however if they feel you need to be seen they will offer you an appointment that day to come in.
Here is an example of some of the medical issues which can be treated by the same day service:
- Injuries such as: bumps, cuts bruises and sprains
- Skin rashes such as: ringworm, cold sores, warts, herpes, verruca’s, boils, bites, stings, sunburn, impetigo, head lice, eczema, infected cuts, shingles, in-growing toenails, moles and mouth problems (ulcers)
- Ear Nose and Throat issues such as: sore throat, tonsillitis, ear ache, colds and flu, sinusitis, cough, acute asthma, fever, hay fever, nosebleeds.
- Eyes such as: sore eyes, styes, conjunctivitis.
- Abdomen or stomach pain such as: abdominal pain, diarrhoea & vomiting, urinary tract infections, balanitis (sore penis), indigestion, constipation, threadworms, cystitis, itchy bottom.
- Head, Back and Neck Pain such as: headache, dizziness, neck pain, back pain
- Women’s Health issues such as: emergency oral contraception, urgent pill questions, vaginal discharge, and mastitis in pregnancy.
- Mental Health issues such as: panic attacks, hyperventilation