To minimise the risk of any errors we only take written repeat prescription requests - we do not accept requests by telephone.
Repeat prescriptions can be obtained by:
- Handing in the tear-off slip, with the required items ticked, to the surgery or to your local pharmacy
- Posting your request slip with either a stamped self-addressed envelope or a message to say that it will be collected from the surgery
- Sending a fax to the surgery : Ilfracombe 01271 866681, Combe Martin 01271 883821, Woolacombe 01271 870748
- Using our on-line service SystmOnline via the link at the top of this page. You cannot use this website to contact your doctor, please phone the surgery with your enquiry. Patients should contact the surgery to register for this service and obtain a user name and password.
- Sending an email to our dedicated script email account at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please allow 2 working days to get your prescription produced if handed into and collected from the surgery, or 3 working days using a pharmacy service. Please always state clearly on your order form where you wish to collect the prescription from.
Electronic Prescribing Service (EPS)
You no longer need to visit the surgery in order to collect your repeat prescription. Instead, your GP can send it electronically to the place you choose, saving you time. You will have more choice about where to get your medicines from. Medicines can be collected from a pharmacy near to where you live, work or shop. You may not have to wait as long at the pharmacy as there will be time for your repeat prescriptions to be ready before you arrive. Ask our reception team or your pharmacist about this service.
You can also click here for more information
Do not wait until your medication has run out before requesting further supplies – allow 2 – 3 days for processing as detailed above.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.